Thursday 9 February 2012

Welcome


This is an all inclusive art project for anyone who wants to join me. My name is Donna I am a 22-year-old Glaswegian contemporary theatre graduate who lives in Leeds. I am on a journey to investigate the female form and its place in today’s society and psychology.  I would like the finished product to be a gallery-based exhibition, accompanied possibly, by a live performative event.

 I want to investigate my form and shape and other women’s to present an honest portrayal of the variety of shapes and looks of women today. I strongly believe we live in vain times… I myself love nothing more than purchasing a new piece for my wardrobe or lusting over the newest trends in various magazines. However as well as an national interest in appearance, food, fashion, fitness and fads there is I believe a darker side to this trend in today’s society; Magazines full of pictures of ‘celebrities’ who are not beach body perfect, or who are ‘in crisis’ because they were seen eating cake in a high end bakery in Covent Garden.

I don’t want to criticize anyone’s body or to envy those I encounter with a flatter stomach. I just want to show variety, and dull the freak show element of the ‘imperfect’ female body.

This project is very much in the beginning stages. I read some articles, Perused high fashion publications and I have tried my hand at some sculpting and sketching. I have a lot of ideas for photographs of myself and any other women who would like to be involved but there will be more information on that as it is arranged.

If this at all interests you I ask you to be open minded and follow me (possibly even join me) on my journey looking at not just the ever changing ideal in female form but the numerous other normalities that I believe are hidden or dressed down.

All ideas and musings welcome

J

No comments:

Post a Comment